Self Care Tips

Sunday 15 January 2017

self-care-tips- pintsizedsoph
I’m a firm believer in we all should learn about self-care. If you don’t follow me on Twitter, you would have missed my main New Year resolution - which was funnily enough to smash my own self care.

Here are a few simple tips on how to take a few minutes out of your day to give yourself some love. 




A lot of us are too busy with work and life, that we sometimes simply just forget how to relax. - me included. Learning how to have the perfect work-life balance is something I'm working out, but implementing a few minutes each day to give myself some 'me' time is something I completely prioritise for my own mental health



Eat a yummy breakfast 

This is a really simple thing that I find can change my whole day. I’m an absolute sod of waking up 30 minutes before my lectures and skipping breakfast, and I can notice how it can affect me. No breakfast = limited concentration, drowsy and a little bit grumpy. Whereas if I’ve prepped a yummy breakfast the night before, it can make the world of difference. A few of my favourites are ‘overnight oats’ or gluten-free pancakes with some bananas on the side!


Have a ‘digital detox’

I’m going to put it out there, I’m addicted to my phone. The first thing I do is check my social media, and from there on out, I’m endlessly scrolling - for No. Apparent. Reason. I find one by just shutting off for one evening a week can make the world of difference, for my productivity and my mind. 


Create a peaceful Spotify playlist 

Having a special calming playlist is not only great for those long, self indulgent baths, but for any time you want ‘me’ time. I find my productivity soars when I have a relaxing playlist on, especially when it comes to my uni work.  


Pamper yourself with your favourite face mask

I bloody love a face mask, in particular, the Bodyshop Rose Fresh Plumping Mask(*) it’s a little bit of heaven in a pot. I don’t have dehydrated skin necessarily, but when my skin is feeling tiresome from a week of day-to-day makeup, it gives me a little boost. I highly recommend this little pot of loveliness. It’s also vegan-friendly too. 


Take a Yoga class

I only got into Yoga during the back end of 2016. I had a lot of misconception about Yoga, and it being super dull and boring but it was surprisingly challenging. Whenever I’ve had a stressed week, taking a 45 minute yoga class at my local gym can make a world of difference. Not just for my body, but especially my mind. 


Light a candle

Are you even a 20-something if you don’t love a good candle? In the evening I love turning into  duvet burrito, whilst watching Netflix with a few good candles on. My mum bought me a beautiful yankee candle for Christmas, called ‘Sun and Sand’ and it just reminds me of how much I love the summertime. 


All da’ tea

You know when people tell you they don’t like tea, and you’re left questioning their existence? Yeah, that.

I am a proper tea-belly, I have been since a very young age. I used to drink tea in my baby bottles, I was obsessed. There’s something so comforting about a good ol’ cuppa. Recently I’ve been venturing from my usual Breakfast tea and tried Peppermint tea. I’ve been having a few problems with my digestive system lately, so I’ve started to drink Peppermint tea in the evening to settle my stomach. 

Learn to say no when you’re overwhelmed 

This is something I still struggle with, but this year I’m going to make sure I say no more often. I’m currently working 2 jobs to help me get through university, and learning to manage my time properly has been more important than ever. But I also need to make sure I don’t always a free to things that I know I can’t do, just to please others. 2017 is about me, and my self care and if I’m overwhelmed I need to hold my hands up and ask for help.

Thanks for reading pals!

Love,






(*) This post includes products/gifts that were kindly sent to me, but as ever, all the opinions are my own.

Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne