Personal Growth

Tuesday 17 January 2017



Today I want to talk about personal growth. 

Deep, I know. 

I’ve noticed a lot of people on various social media platforms, ranting about the past and particularly the past versions of people.

Now, I’m not a person who holds grudges, I find it takes far too much time and effort to hold negativity against people. I know, that people have different coping mechanisms, and ways of dealing with issues. But, grudges are just not me boo. 

There’s one thing I’m currently struggling to understand one thing: 

Why people don’t understand that the person I was 2 years ago, or 5 months ago is not the person I am today. I have grown, and I’m still growing. 

Like everything, I have grown. I am growing and I’m going to continue to grow. My views on certain subjects is constantly changing, and I’m open to learning so much more than I was before. 

I pride myself on my ability to reflect and think, actually I was wrong, and apologise and move the fuck on with my life.

The past few months have reiterated that life is fucking short, so live it, and live it happy. A massive cliche, I’m aware but it’s true.

Hatred and negativity are always going to exist, I’m not naive to think that my post is going to destroy ‘girl hate’ or even homophobia overnight. But, if this post makes one person stop and think about themselves, and their personal beliefs and growth - then I’ll pat myself on the back.

We are all growing, and we’re all entitled to grow. 

Never let anyone make you feel bad about something you no longer are. Humans are cruel. But we are also soft, and gentle creatures who long to live contently. 

Or at least I do. 

* * * * *

I think it’s important to reflect on life, and how it shapes us as people. I have done this quite a lot over the Christmas and New Year period. Last year, I was severely depressed and this year not-so much. I’m in a better place, phsyically and mentally. I am not fixed, nor do I ever think I’ll be fixed. However, I’m learning to deal with what life throws at me a lot better. I’m unsure if that has come with maturity, or me reflecting on my personal growth. 

My personal resolution for 2017 is to be more mindful of my own self-care. Last year, I spent a lot of time being so critical of myself that I forgot even how to love myself. This year, it's a priority for me. I'm going to make sure I take time out for me, and I've spoken a lot more about these in my previous post about self care if you're interested in reading. 2017 is about self-care, that is this year's mantra. Because if you can't love yourself, who will?


In short:

Personal growth is important to reflect on.

You’re constantly changing as a person, and your experiences shape your mindset. 

People need to understand that life is too short to hold grudges.



Thanks for reading pals! 

Until next time,






Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne