My December Favourites

Thursday 29 December 2016



Starbucks Fudge Hot Chocolates

I dread to think about how many calories are in these bad boys, but oh my gawd. If you haven’t tried one of these yet, then you must. They’re not for the faint hearted, but if you have a sweet tooth like me, I can guarantee you’ll fall in love. But, be careful, it’s a dangerous, slippery slope… 


Emma Gannon - Ctrl Alt Delte 

So, I’d vaguely heard of Emma through the realm of social media and had seen some very Insta-worthy photos of her book Crtl Alt Delete: How I Grew Up Online. But, it wasn’t until a few weeks ago I started to give podcasts ago. 

Her podcast, titled of the same name, is brilliant. As a lover of the digital sphere, and an all-round nosy being, I love listening to her interviews with some very inspirational and influential people. Her voice is incredibly easy to listen to, and is my winding down activity of choice now. I would highly recommend. 


Uni

So I’ve just finished my first semester, and for those unaware, I study Journalism with Media Communication and I bloody love it. I’m a proper nerd, but it’s so up my street. For those of you haters thinking that ‘media’ is considered a ‘mickey mouse’ subject, then my friend, why is it predicted that in 2019 42% of global spending will be on media - cheers Alistair for that useful stat from my last lecture. 

If you love learning about history, politics, law, and media (obvs) then I would definitely recommend this course. It’s really opened up my eyes to the media around us, and allowed me to be more critical of things that are published within the press. Some of us are guilty of being blaze, and taking everything we read at face value. I was like that too, but this course has opened schools of thought I didn’t even know I was capable of, and be analytical of the world around me. Soz, I’ll stop geeking out now.


Pitta Pizzas

As a pizza fanatic, I’m literally gutted I hadn’t discovered these beautiful creations before. I literally love them. SO basically, all you need is a pitta bread, a lil’ tomato paste, and then back on toppings of your choice. 

I’ve been adding on a bit of quorn ham, sweetcorn and red peppers. Back them in the oven for 10-15 mins, et voila. A yummy pizza, that is a lot healthier and cheaper than that Dominos, that you certainly don’t need. 


The Body Coach

I’ve been obsessing this month over Joe Wicks a.k.a The Bodycoach. I find his Youtube channel so helpful, for those days I don’t have the motivation to go the gym. I’ve always found myself more motivated when someone else is telling me what to do, which is why I tend to go to more exercise classes than just the gym itself. 

Joe’s channel is full of HIIT sessions which range from 15-20 minutes long - and they’re a lot more fun than an hour long workout. If you’re looking to lose a bit of  excess Xmas pud, I would definitely recommend his Youtube channel. 


Thanks for reading, pals!

Love,
Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne