Ashby Woulds Lodges: The Perfect Getaway

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Sophie-Anne Hamilton, UK Lifestyle Blog

It was Leon's 20th birthday this month, and I wanted to do something a little special for him. I mean, it's not every day you wave/cry by to your teenage years. We very much have the same mentality, and just having a drunken night out is not our ideal way to celebrate - I know, we're old before our time.
In case you didn't know, me and Leon don't have to luxury of seeing each other every day, and I really struggle with this, but I wrote about some tips on how to survive a long-distance relationship. I wanted to make this trip a nice, relaxing break where the both us could have some well-needed 'us' time.

I was over the moon when I stumbled across this little beauty, and even more excited when I found out that it was just under an hour away. A perfect location that's within a short drive.

The lodge was absolutely beautiful and as I booked this lodge at Ashby Woulds only a week before, I managed to get an absolute amazing late deal.

The lodge we booked was the sites "Cedar Lodge". The thing that surprised me the most was how spacious the lodge was. Literally was enough room to swing a cat - not that I condone cat swinging... 

But seriously this place was great, it came equipped with all the necessary kitchen essentials AND more. We only stayed here for 3 nights, but you could comfortably stay in the lodge for a week or more.

We did a huge junk-related Lidl shop, and spent too much money on food we didn't eat. However, we did pick up our dinners and cooked them in the cabin. 

We were warmly welcomed with a free bottle of wine and a box of chocolates in the fridge when we arrived, which was such a kind thought. 

The main draw to this cabin has to be the hot tub. I mean, who doesn't love a hot tub? 

However, me being me and constantly getting chilblains had to keep warming my body up in the shower before running into the tub. But it was bliss. I'd been going through a bit of a rough few weeks, and honestly nothing had made me feel more relaxed than dipping in and out of a hot tub all day and night. 

Our lodge we chose slept up to 4, and the park itself also has some larger options, so it would be great for a getaway with your mates. But we had so much space for just the two us, there was a double room and another room with two single beds - and both rooms had their own bathrooms! One of the bathrooms even had a bath, which I was pleasantly surprised.

Everything was super modern and it was decorated so beautifully, it really was like a home from home! They even have beauty therapists on site that can offer lots of treatments from massages, to eyebrow waxes and even spray tans, which I was super impressed by.

As for the area, it was perfect. We were looking for somewhere that was in a quiet area, somewhere we could just be away from the world. But if you wanted a more filled weekend, there are plenty of restaurants, shopping centres and amenities a short drive away.

We literally had the best time, and I'm really glad I found this little gem. After looking at expensive hotels, and realising I'd be racking up a bill for a one night stay, and dinner etc, it definitely is worth looking at the cabins as you really get what you pay for. 

If you're looking for a nice log cabin break I would definitely recommend Ashby Woulds and I can assure you we'll be back again soon. [Hint: Leon we should do away for Easter...]


Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne