The Avocado Craze

Wednesday 13 January 2016


After seeing the whole realm of Instagram covered in artsy photos of avocados - I thought I would give it a try. Which, if you know me, is a big deal. I'm definitely a very fussy eater, but in the past few months I've been trying my hardest to explore different foods.
Since in the New Year, I always have a meltdown about my weight, I was looking at trying to incorporate some healthier foods into my diet. SO, me and Leon (my boyfriend) decided to this recipe, incorporating avocado!


What you will need:

  • Chicken breasts (1 per person)
  • Cajun spice - we just used trusty old Schwartz
  • Some crusty burger baps - or buns, whatever suits you
  • 2 avocados 
  • Sweet potato - if you fancy making yourself some yummy fries too!

Method:

1. Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 7. The sweet potato (completely optional) will take the longest to cook. SO, wash and peel the potato accordingly. Then carefully cut the potato into fries - it helps if you have a strong hand doing this, as it can get tricky if you have a large potato!

2. Place the fries into an oven tray, splash some olive oil (or 1 Cal Spray, which I love as it's super healthy) and put in the oven for 15 mins, take them out, flip them over and pop them back in for another 15 mins!

3. Marinate your chicken breasts in the Cajun spice, ensuring it is all covered with its yumminess! Then sizzle these babies in a pan, on a medium-high heat for around 5 mins, just so they're nice and firm. Ensure you turn the chicken over a couple of times! Cook for around (10-12 mins)

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, and slice it! Scoop all the deliciousness out, being careful you don't have any of the outer shell!

5. Lightly toast your buns in the grill, add some cheese on top for some extra flavour!

6. Once the chicken is properly cooked, slice it in to manageable pieces and assemble on the bun. Place the avocado in between the chicken, take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and on to the plate.

7. Viola, a yummy, mildly healthy dinner! Enjoy!

Let me know what you think? Are you an avocado lover? Or not convinced?



Let's get social: Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram


Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne