Life As We Know It - Week 1

Friday 22 January 2016




















Because who doesn't love a pretty Pineapple?

Here's to a brand spanking new weekly series on my blog: Life As We Know It.

Guys, I know it's exciting, calm down...

I figured I wanted to keep a rolling stream of blog posts, which give more of an insight into the life of yours truly. My fave posts are definitely the more rambley, personal posts. I may run a Twitter poll to see what kinds of posts you want to see more of on my blog. But, so far, you guys have preferred my more personal posts. So, atm, it's a win-win!


My life is hardly the most exciting right now, but I guess I can still let you know my daily struggles, routines and all the bits in-between.

Health wise - this week has been a strange one. I guess I'm having an uphill struggle with MH issues right now, so my sleeping is pretty much non-existent at the minute. Which is incredibly frustrating, draining and a downright nuisance.

I've felt a lot better in myself though - so I guess that's a positive. I'm still on the waiting list to be seen, but I could write a whole other post about the MH services in the UK and how terrible the system is...

Blog wise - Voila! I've had a bit of a redesign. I'm such a bugger, I'm always on the look out for the next best, clean layout for my blog. I'm finally starting to get more comfortable and I guess happier with the way my blog is.

I'm looking at expanding my blogging, going to some local events - thanks to Emma over at Carpe Diem Emmie, she's been really supportive with my blog and getting me involved in upcoming local events!

I've still got a long way to go, but I've got so many ideas I wanna pursue.

In terms of my career - I've got a job! Like a real life, adult job. I'm working for an organic skincare brand, based in Leicestershire and I'll be a Digital Marketing Assistant - and I'm over the moon.

I literally had my interview on Monday, and had a phone-call to say I had the job on Tuesday.

Never, ever, did I think I would get the job, and I wouldn't have been able to get the job if it wasn't for me delving into the blogging world. So, if you're reading this and wondering if you should start a blog - then do it! It opens so many doors and gives you see practical skills that you can transfer on to your CV. And it's super fun!

I guess my next task is handling a full-time job and my blog. So please bare with me if I'm a bit all over the shop with posts. I am trying to post at least 3 times a week. So if I'm not - just send me a tweet to say: sort it out Soph!

Also Mum and me, have also pledged to start Zumba classes next week, so I'll let you know how that goes. God help me.

I've also rekindled a love for sketching. I used to do this all the time as a teen, and now I've been finding it so stress-relieving. I want to try and keep up with this, just as a downtime activity. I'm sure I'll post a few bits here and there, if you're interested that is.

This weekend I've been looking forward to Leon coming home from London. Feels like a lifetime ago since I've seen him (it's only been two weeks). Man, distance can suck, but it doesn't half make you appreciate your loved ones so much more.

I hope you've all had a lovely week - let me know what you've gotten up to!

For now,



Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne