My Most Favourite Recent Buys

Sunday 10 April 2016



Pay day arrived, and yes I got a bit spendy. In my defence, I haven't spent much on myself for a few months so I decided it was well worth a little retail therapy. I wanted to share with you my favey things I've purchased recently, and hopefully you'll feel the need to reach into your purses and get spending too! (Yes I'm a huge believer in that retail therapy is the best kind of therapy.)

Tortoise Shell Cat Eye Sunglasses - New Look

I've been looking for a relatively cheap pair of sunnies, as this Spring weather had caught me off guard and like a silly person, I'd lost all my sunglasses. I've been totally loving the whole cat-eye sunglasses trend for a while now, so when I came across these bad boys - it was instant love.

They are as easy on the eye, as they are the purse strings too and only cost me £4.99 - an absolute steal. 

Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi - NYX 

Who doesn't love a matte lip? I certainly do. I've been absolutely loving the NYX Matte Lip Creams since the Boots in town finally got a NYX counter! I also mentioned this in my recent favourites but it really is an absolute dream of a product. If you haven't tried any of the NYX cosmetics products, then you seriously should. I'm really excited to try some more of this brand, so let me know if you have any other suggestions of products you love!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Brush Cleaner - Brush Egg

Literally this bad boy is a life saver. Okay, so I'll admit I'm not the best person when it comes to cleaning my make-up brushes, and I know I'm not the only one. But I picked up this little gem for 99p on eBay. Yes. You heard 99p. I've seen a few of these hand-held brush cleansers on the market, but I definitely wasn't willing to fork out for one - not when my hands are just as useful. If you're looking for a tool to clean your brushes, lazy girl style, make sure you pick up one of these Brush Eggs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reasons To Stay Alive - Matt Haig 

I'm sure you've seen this book somewhere raved about in the Blogosphere. I'm quite sceptical when it comes to 'raved' about things, from experience I've just been left feeling underwhelmed a lot of the time. I picked this book up from Tesco for a little under £4, and it really is worth the hype. I started reading this making that dreaded journey from Colindale to Mile End (thank god I don't have to do that journey all the time anymore.) But I didn't put it down, it's a real page-turner. It's a beautiful depiction of Haig's personal struggle with depression and anxiety, and for me, it's so relevant. Words have never resonated so much before with me. This is a must read, even if you're not struggling with mental health issues, it's a beautiful read.

Reworked Ralph Lauren Dress - The Vintage Scene Leicester

I picked up this reworked Ralph Lauren dress up from The Vintage Scene in Leicester, which is such a cool shop. I can't believe I've never been in it, felt a little ashamed. This dress has become an absolute go-to for me, I can dress it up or down quite effortlessly. It was an absolutely bargain for just £30. They also have an ASOS Marketplace stall so you should definitely check them out! Head over to my insta for a full view of this little gem!

8 Hour Hand Cream - Elizabeth Arden 

The winter had taken a real, horrible toll on my skin. Normally my skin just takes a battering in the winter but this year my hands did too. I was suffering its stupidly Sahara-dry hands and my mum gave me this lil golden boy on a whim to try and help and wow. I've seen so many bloggers talking about the 8 Hour Range and I was a little skeptical, but it's seriously amazing. I'm not too keen on the smell of the product itself, but it's so moisturising and has really helped my hands.


Thanks for reading you lovely person - I hope you have a smashing day and remember, find time to do what you love, today.


Love,







If you liked this post, you might like to see my March Favourites or maybe My Fitness Journey featuring Cute Nutrition. 

Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne