From March with Love

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Sophie-Anne Hamilton, UK Lifestyle Blog

Every time I come round to writing my monthly favourites I'm always confused where time has even gone? March has been another weird month, and has featured a lot of crazy weather. Like who knew it could snow in March, like full on snow?


This month has included lots of new buys, a new job - again, and me starting my fitness journey again and you can read all about my fitness journey. There are a mix of things that I've been loving this month, so I hope you enjoy the variety. Let me know what you've been loving this month as I'm always looking for new products, and especially a new series to binge watch!

Soap and Glory - One Heck of a Blot Primer 

I think I discovered this primer after reading a few blog posts about it, I think in particular I saw Courtney's from Blush and Blend, which if you don't follow her then you should. I love her blog because she's tried out so many beauty products, particularly a lot of high end products - I don't think I've bought a high-end product without searching her blog for some well needed guidance.

I also know Lily Pebbles is a fan of this product, so of course I had to give it a go and I love it. I think I picked it up from Boots for around £10, and honestly I'm so impressed. It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and ready for my foundation application. It noticeably blurs my pores too, which is what it claims to do - and boy did it deliver. If you're in your local Boots, I would defintely recommend giving this primer a go. I think it's now replaced my Nivea Aftershave Balm (yes Nikki tutorials is a blood genius) but I think this is now my go-to and will definitely be repurchased.

Osmo's Wonder 10 - Keratin Based Leave-In Treatment

Now if you don't know me and my hair history, I shall sum it up for you. Dye-aholic. I'm never happy with how my hair is and each month I can assure you I'm ether trying out the latest box dye, or ringing my hairdressers for a well-needed visit (as I like to get creative). I'm quite ballsy when it comes to my hair, and I literally will try anything at home. I recently dyed my hair grey, I loved it and it was all done at home - you can catch up on if you want

But with hair dying comes hair damage. I was recommended this treatment by my sh-amazing hairdresser Emma and I haven't looked back since. Not only does this spray smell amazing, but it leaves my hair feeling a lot more manageable, and it gives it back some life. Whenever my hair is feeling a little limp or needing some TLC I just pop this treatment on after washing my hair, and blow-dry as normal. It literally is lifesaving. You can grab it on Amazon for around £10 - so it's completely budget friendly. 

NYX - Tame and Frame Pomade

This £5.50 product has honestly changed my eyebrow game, forever. This product is honestly a holy grail. I've always been a brow powder kind of gal, just to fill in the sparse areas of my brows, and after seeing the Blogosphere/Youtube realm, rave about the ABH Dipbrow Pomade, I figured I'm probably missing out on something here.

The Boots near work has literally just had a NYX counter placed in-store and naturally I was there in an instant when I found out, and so was every other person and their mum. I picked up the Tame and Frame Pomade on a whim, thinking it probably wasn't going to do much for my brows. But boy was I wrong. I'd say with this product in my life my brows have easily gone from a 6 to a 10. Big statement. If you're looking for a new brow product seriously give this a go, and at just over £5 you can't really go wrong!

NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi

Surprise, surprise. I finally got my mitts on the highly raved about Soft Matte Lip Creams, and boy they didn't half deliver. I picked up the shade Abu Dhabi which is a light brown tone with a mix of dusty rose. In other words, it's a bit of a Kylie Jenner lip. 

I instantly fell in love with this product, after trying various matte liquid lipsticks and being utterly disappointed, NYX stole my heart. Everything from the applicator to the staying powder is crazy amazing. I definitely recommend (along with the whole world) picking up one of these if you're looking for a new go-to lip!

Moroccan Oil - Light 

I've been a massive lover of Moroccan Oil since it really made it's been boom in the beauty industry. This has been a staple in my hair-care cabinet to keeping my locks healthy and strong. This is another favourite of my hairdressers too! I just pop a little through my ends after washing my hair, before blowdrying. 

It leaves my hair feeling silky smooth and ready for styling. It's a little on the pricier side, but I do believe with haircare especially it pays to spend a little bit more and you can really see a difference!

Happy Valley

If you haven't watched Happy Valley then where have you been? This time of year I find that the TV can be a little pants, so it always makes me happy when a good drama comes back with another series and wow, Sarah Lancashire, just wow. If you like a nitty, gritty crime drama that makes you feel every emotion under the sun with impeccable screen-writing, then this ones for you.

I would advise catching up on the first series, which you can probably find somewhere if not BBC iPlayer could do the job. But my god, series 2 didn't disappoint and left you guessing right until the last minute, with twists and turns you couldn't even think of. It's only a 6 episode series, so enough to stuff into a Netflix binge session. 

Thirteen

I'll be the first one to say that moving BBC Three online was a stupid decision but after 5 hours of binging their most talked about series Thirteen, I think I'm converted. I think it's bloody genius. When I think about it, it's like Netflix or any other streaming service - but free. Who doesn't love free stuff? This series is a gripping crime drama, can you see a theme here? But it's brilliant. It's only 5 episodes long, so it's perfect bank holiday binging length right? If you're looking for something a bit dark, I'd definitely recommend this series - plus the acting is A*.

Ashby Woulds - A Perfect Getaway

In case you didn't know, it was Leon's (my boyfs) birthday this month, and as a treat I took him away to a beautiful log cabin retreat. It even had a hot tub!? We had an amazing time at Ashby Woulds, everything was just perfect and I really want to head back there as soon as possible. 

So there's my month's favourites, what have yours been?

Love,



Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne