January Favourites

Saturday 28 January 2017

January favourites - pintsizedsoph nyx cosmetics


January for me has been a complete post-Christmas lull. 

I literally don’t know how people suddenly become motivated to change their lifestyle, go to the gym every day and just drink green smoothies. For starters, nobody tells you about how much Christmas food is left over. I mean, someone’s gotta eat all the Celebrations, and that gal is me.

I’ve softly pushed myself back into my gym routine, heading to my favourite gym classes but I’ve definitely not gone mad. I find getting back into the gym really hard, so I’m not going to push myself hard and scare myself away from it. 

Anyway, rambling over, here’s my January Favourites. 


Peppermint Tea

So for a few months now, I’ve been struggling with some digestive problems and after reading up a few posts on the internet I decided to give peppermint tea a go. I literally have just picked my up from Lidl, because it was super cheap. I’ve never really been a flavoured tea kinda gal, I’m more of a super strong builder’s brew hun. But I’m in love with this tea, it’s so refreshing and it’s totally helped me feel a little bit better. 


Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation

When Leon asked me what I wanted for Christmas I sent him a list as long as my arm (with the expectation that he would completely ignore it and do his own thang.) There was one present on their which I was so amazed to see when I opened it on Christmas Day - the Rainforest of the Sea Collection that was on crazy offer on QVC. the collection came with the foundation, the dual ended brush, the palette which has 9 shadows and a blush, and Clay eyeliner, the Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara and a make-up bag for less than £50. Insane. 

I’m obsessed with this foundation because it’s super lightweight, and really easy to build. I’d say it’s more of medium coverage, but definitely buildable. I’m so happy with this foundation, since I have quite sensitive skin and foundations often break me out. However, this one is like a match made in heaven. I bloody lav it. Fanks Leon. 


Tresemme Kertain Smooth Hair Mask

I'm always look for a product to help my dry hair. After getting my hair to it's grey colour, my hair has took a battering. I'm alway keen to find a new hair mask to repair my hairs strength, but haven't ever found something that works miracles. I've tried the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask, which is great but I feel like it only makes me hair smooth and manageable for a day, and then it starts to get dry.

But, this Tresemme mask bloody works and it's on offer super cheap at Superdrug! (I even prefer it over soaking my hair in coconut oil). Definitely pick this lil' angel face up if you're in the market for a new hair mask .


Pinterest 

Whenever I need some inspiration there’s one app I always turn to - Pinterest. Need some motivation? Pinterest. An easy, yummy recipe? Pinterest. A bad ass quote to cheer you up on a raining Monday morning? Pinterest. In case you’d like to follow me, I’ll leave a link to mine here. But honestly, the month I’ve been using this so much. It’s helped to inspire me with getting my finances in order too. I spent a whole afternoon making pretty spreadsheets, in an attempt to plan how imma get out of this damn overdraft. Stupid student life.


Zoeva 104 Buffer Brush

I always swore I was a beauty blender gal, and to be honest, I lied. This brush has actually changed my make-up game. I always struggled with making my foundation flawless and dreamy like them big time Beauty gurus, but it was always a myth of how they achieved it. However, this bad boy as come into my life and changed it for the better. Goodbye streaking foundation, and hello flawless skin. Tah Zoeva, you baes. 


My Scientology Movie 

I absolutely love Louis Theroux, I mean who doesn't? But as inspiring broadcast journalist, with an interest in investigative journalism, he is the bae of all baes. Me and Leon were scrolling through Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, and to my surprise there was My Scientology (which I haven't ever seen, I know.) For anyone who has seen this movie, please can you clarify what the bloody thing is though? I'm actually so confused that a 'religion' like that actually exists. Definitely worth a watch if you're looking to be confused/intrigued/in stitches.


Thanks for reading pals!

Love,




Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne