From February with Love

Thursday 3 March 2016

february-loves-sophieannehamilton

I don't know about you guys, but I swear this year is flying by. I feel like I've blinked and February just disappeared. Like we're into March and I feel like I've achieved nothing yet this year. I neglected my blog a little in Feb, and I just wanna apologise. I promise I'll bring back my blogging mojo, bigger and better than ever. She says...

But anyway, exciting news coming up. Thought I would throw a lil' well done me into this month's favourites, as you're now looking at a Lifestyle Editor for the relaunching Blogging Gals website. I know. Cray. I'm so happy, the team at BG are so welcoming and lovely and I'm, excited to see where this one takes me!

Less of the rambling, you came here for a favourites post. Anyway, I bought a few goodies last month and found some really lovely bargains too. Is anybody else obsessed with TK Maxx right now? I find every time I'm in town and I have spare 5 minutes, I'm rushing to their beauty aisles and seeing what bargains I can find.

Which brings me nicely on to my absolute favourite fave this month.

#1 Ciate x Olivia Palermo Lipstick in Satin Kiss - Truffle 


This dreamy nude lipstick retails at £19, but I managed to pick this up in TK for around £6. I know right. Absolute bargain queen. I've seen a few beauty bloggers raving about this collection, so when I saw it in the rummaged heap that was the lipsticks, I grabbed it and literally ran to the tills.

This is now my go-to daily nude lipstick, and it was totally worth picking up. It's super easy to wear, and is a real soft formula which is super comfortable on the lips without compromising on the pigment of the colour.

#2 L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Base Primer


I discovered the primer a while back, and this month I found myself repurchasing it. After starting a job in an office, with lots of screens and lights, I've found my make-up just sliding off my face and leaving my skin really oily.

I grabbed this on offer in Boots, and I'm happy I did. It's very thick in consistency but it glides on smoothly onto the face, and dramatically reducing my pores and smoothing my fine lines. It's great at controlling my oily skin and prolonging the wear of my foundation. I would definitely repurchase!

#3 L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation


Can you see a theme here?

L'Oreal is easily my favourite drugstore brand. After being a huge fan of the True Match Perfection foundation, but wanting to broaden my horizons, I turned to Twitter. I asked fellow beauty bloggers to lend me a minute of wisdom, and the lovely Rosie suggested I tried the Infallible 24 Hour. Thank the lord for Rosie.

This foundation is so dreamy. You can build it up to achieve quite a high coverage, which is what I've been loving. Winter and this dreary weather has not been too kind on my skin, so I've been needing a bit of a workhorse of a foundation but without the hefty price tag. I'll definitely repurchasing this foundation, but let me know if you guys have any drugstore foundation loves! I'm always on the look out for a new bargain.

#4 Hannah Gale - My Blogging Fear


If you don't know, Hannah Gale is like my favourite blogger. Ever. Her blog, tone, style, mindset is just everything. If you don't follow her, then what the hell are you doing? I've rambled on about her in a post before, so I'll keep it sweet. I don't want you thinking I'm some strange stalker (jokes I am.)

But hello - have you seen her blog? Her post 'My Blogging Fear' nearly reduced me to tears the other day. She has such a beautiful way with words, and this post is no exception. I love how she openly talks about her mental health, something I feel so passionate about - and I'm happy to see her doing well.

This post is easily my favourite post of February. I love when bloggers have that personal touch to their writing, like you're almost reading a diary. That's how I'd love my blog and my writing style to develop, like a stream of consciousness, but I'm defoooo not that articulate.


#5 W7 - In The City Palette 


I've seen a bit about this brand in the Blogosphere, so I decided to give them a whirl in Feb.
Matte. Buttery. Nude. Need I say anymore?

These 6 eyeshadows are such a perfect combination. I've found myself chucking this in my bag as it's very easy to travel with. These shadows are so easy to blend, super wearable and incredibly inexpensive. Don't get me wrong, it's not totally over-taken my Makeup Revolution Iconic 1 palette, which absolutely gives me life. But it's a strong contender.


#6 Instagram - sophhamilton



I've never really understood how to use Instagram, especially with regards to promoting my blog following. But recently I've been trying my hardest to post more, and post better content.

I've fallen in love with Insta again. I've been trying to stick to more of a theme, and it literally makes me so happy when I can see it all coming together. I've never been one for a 'theme' but I find themes so aesthetically pleasing - I thought I would give it a go. Let me know what you think?


Do we have any favourites in common? I love engaging with new bloggers, head over to my Twitter to let me know!


For now,






Let's get social: Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram

Follow
Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne