From January with Love

Monday 8 February 2016



I know I'm definitely very late with this post, but with my first full-time week at work last week, I just haven't found the time to finish this one!

January was an odd month for me, the post christmas blues had stuck as I was scraping through hours of job applications, until I finally got myself my latest job!

My favourites this month are a little random, but I love reading other people's favourites post so  thought I would do my first ever one! 

Hope you enjoy! 


1. Collection Contour Kit: Highlight and Sculpt


I've seen this little handy kit floating around the Blogosphere and decided to pick it up on a whim. I think I bagged it for £4, as Boots often have offers on Collection cosmetics. Boy I'm glad I did! This is great for travel, just to throw in my bag for work or when I'm staying at Leon's. I love it. It's just the right tone for me. Although I was worried it would be a little too warm in tone, it actually suits my skin tone. If you're in Boots, I'd recommend you pick this lil' dream up!

2. Benefit They're Real Mascara 


Like many other bloggers, I was lucky enough to be gifted a Benefit set for Christmas. I've always loved Benefit from the very beginning. In my Cheek Party tin I received some lovely products which have been heavily raved about in the blogging world. Now, I've tried Benefit's They're Real Mascara before but never really stuck with it. But after being reintroduced - I love it! It's great at separating the lashes and lengthening without clumping them. It's my go-to mascara now. 

3. Making a Murderer 


I've seen loads of people ranting about this Netflix series on Twitter and thought I would give it a go. Wow. Just wow. I love anything on TV that's crime-related. I've been loving the BBC's Silent Witness for a number of years now, so figured I would like this series too. It's left me with so many questions, and emotions. I think I've gone through every single emotion possible when watching this. If you're thinking about starting it, but not 100% sold. Try it. I'm sure you'll be hooked. I love the fact that it's a real-life drama too. 


4. L'Oreal True Match Perfection Foundation 


This one is an oldie, but a goody. Since the reformulation of this foundation back in 2015, it has been a drugstore staple in my make-up bag. It's a super-lendable formula which it's easily built to a medium coverage. If you're looking for a new drugstore foundation - give this one a go! You won't regret it. 

5. Cocoa Brown Gradual Tan


So the story goes like this. Soph walks in to Tesco. Gets drawn in by a huge table full of reduced goodies at the front of the store. Bags this tan for 60p. Yep. 60p. Now, I'm not a huge wearer of fake tan - although I probably should be since I could be classified as Casper's twin. But I thought I would pick up this as it's a gradual tan, and I'd previous tried their normal fake tan and loved it (despite it's funny fake tan smell. This product has saved my life. I just pop a little bit on after freshly moisturised outta the shower and I'm left with a nice, healthy glow - with minimal effort. This will definitely be a reoccurring product in my favourites this year!


6. Rachel Kelly's Walking On Sunshine: 52 Small Steps to Happiness


My lovely Nan bought me this book from Amazon a few weeks back, when I wasn't exactly feeling my best. It's been a great pick me up, filled encouragement, wit and reassurance from a fellow mental health sufferer. It's categorised into seasons, and offers gentle guidance to get through life. If you're feeling a bit down in the dumps, you need this book in your life. It's full of inexpensive and practical tips too!


7. Celebrity Big Brother 


Absolute TV trash, but we all can't deny our love for it. This series of CBB has been the best. I've watched Big Brother since the beginning, but of recent years had found myself skipping channels. It was full of the same old, American housemates [which nobody had ever heard of] and was boring TV. This year couldn't have gone better. It was full of dramas, love stories (which I was totally invested in) and bromances. I'm so sad it's over - and even more so since Tiffany didn't win. She literally had me in stitches. She deserves her own talk show.


As always I've left links to all the products/things mentioned. Let me know what you were loving in Jan, and if you were a CBB addict this year!

For now,






Let's get social: Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Instagram
Copyright © Pint Sized Soph
Design by Fearne